Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Prototype Dedaccai aluminum road frame

 I'll be riding this one locally as will maybe a couple other folks. The tubeset is one I have had sitting in a box for several years , left over from a project that never got started. I figured that I should turn the tubes into something rather than let them sit unused for eternity. I'll be building a few odd frames every year if I have the chance. It is an opportunity for me to be creative, challenged and best of all-it creates more room on the shelves for new tubing.
 At a later date I might add some holes for DI II routing. For now it will just be built up with whatever I have on hand. The frame is a scant 2 lb. 4.1 oz. without the seatmast topper. This might be the lightest road frame I have built in this size-equivalent to a 55 cm.
The chanstays and seat stays are rectangular.....not sure why but the will have nice surfaces for decals. The headset will be in integrated for a 1 1/8" steerer. At a few years old some of this tubeset is already out of date !

No comments: