Friday, June 19, 2015

Single speed aluminum CX bike

 This one is the official pit bike for the team, although it is technically my bike and I'll maybe do a few races this fall. The chain tension is adjusted with an eccentric BB from Beer components. This has to be the only good EBB I have used. The chainring is a 40 tooth rom Praxis Works, another Calif. company.
 The wheels have hubs from Paul Components, yet another Calif. home grown component. The wheels are some I built with Mavic Reflex tubular rims and DT competition spokes. I think that the whole bike is just a hair over 17 lbs.
The head tube is a new one for me, a Dedaccai tapered unit for internal headset. I'll be interested to see how it holds up over the next couple of seasons.The fork is a re-painted Enve with a tapered steerer. There's a chance that soon I'll be able to make a thru-axle disc brake version of this bike. I'm sure it will be popular when it is available.