Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Track frame in steel for Colorado

 Yes, I do build track frames. I'm sure that I have built well over 50 of them in my career- most of them for the Jr. development program in the past that was run by Farid Abraham in Los Gatos, Ca. A lot of great riders came out of this program and some of my frames were ridden to district and national titles.
 This frame is for a 21 year old rider who will hopefully be doing a full calendar of events on this machine. The steel frame and fork are my 'Mass start' platform for points race, miss-and-out and other non-pursuit events. The tubeset is very much the same that was developed for the juniors in Los Gatos back in the late '90's- True Temper S-3 mixed with some OX Platinum.
The chain stays are really heavy fork blades, bent and indented to allow the narrow q-factor of the track cranks.

No comments: